We've got all kinds of music events available during the year at the Jones House. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions regarding any of the music events!
Traditional Music Lessons
Download 2013 Summer and Fall Music Lesson Flyer
Classes are taught each Thursday by local musicians steeped in traditional styles of the region. Participants meet in groups of 4-8 students for 45-minute lessons. Lessons start at 4:30, 5:30, 6:30 pm, depending on the instrument and playing level. Instruction is offered in guitar, fiddle, mandolin, banjo, ukulele, flatfoot dancing, and mountain dulcimer, from rank beginner through intermediate playing levels.
- Fall Session One: Sept 26, Oct 3, 10, 17. 24
- Fall Session Two: Nov 7, 14, 21, Dec 5, 12
- Kids (7-years and up)- $35/session, $50/Both Summer OR Both Fall sessions, $80/Summe AND Fall sessions.
- Adults- $50/session, $80/Both Summer OR Both Fall sessions, $150/Summer AND Fall sessions.
- Instruments may be available for rental ($10/session for $25/all sessions)
To enroll or get more information, please contact Mark Freed at 828.262.4576 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Concerts at the Jones House
Our Concerts at the Jones House Series kicks off on the first Friday in June. Check here or on the "Concerts" page for a complete Concerts on the Lawn schedule for the upcoming year.
Weekly Jam Sessions
The weekly Jam Sessions provide an opportunity for local musicians to play together. Join us every Thursday evening from 7:30 pm - 11 pm for open jam session. Visitors are welcome to bring their instruments and play along or to just sit and enjoy the music.